Contract Value:- £120,000
Location: – Horsley Northumberland
- Sample Reception and Quality Control Laboratory
- Re Design and Refurbishment of Open Plan Office and associated Storage Area
- Fixed Floor Mounted Furniture with Corian Joint Free Surfaces
- Mechanical and Electrical Services – Internal Fabric Changes
- iab acted as Principal Contractor working to CDM 2007 Regulations
Having participated in the supply and installation of the laboratory furniture back in 1998 iab was selected to design and modify parts of the building to provide a central sample reception and reporting area for the laboratories. Associated with the main area an existing store room was converted into an additional quality control laboratory.Using new plinth mounted furniture iab changed the open plan office area at the front of the building to a large sample reception room. The new laboratory converted from an open plan store included the use of existing furniture and the supply of new.Worktops throughout are Corian joint free surfaces. Flooring non slip vinyl with a cap and cove detail to all wall abutments and furniture plinths. Cabinets were supplied with Post Formed Laminate door and drawer fronts to match the cabinetry supplied on the main contract. Close working partnerships bread success.